Covidien Genius 2 Infrared Tympanic Thermometer and Base 303000
The Covidien Genius 2 thermometer uses its proprietary Peak Select System technology to determine the body’s accurate temperature directly from the tympanic membrane. Count on Genius 2 thermometer to deliver an accurate temperature while saving staff time, minimizing infection control concerns and ultimately paving the way for better patient care.
The tympanic membrane is the closest membrane to, and shares blood flow with, the hypothalamus (the body’s thermostat). The temperature from this membrane provides one of the closest predictors to the body’s core temperature. Tympanic infrared thermometry uses the heat from the tympanic membrane as the basis for the temperature measurement.
- 1-2 second response
- Tapered probe design
- Peak Select System analyses up to 100 separate measurements
- No touch disposable probe cover application and ejection
- Push button alternates Fahrenheit/ Celsius
- 60 second pulse timer
- Takes 15,000 temperature reading using 3 AAA batteries
- On base probe cover storage
- Last temperature recall
- ASTM 8: CEN compliant
- Uses Covidien Genius 2 Infrared Tympanic Thermometer Disposable Probe Covers (item 303030)
- Manufacturer: Covidien
- Manufacturer’s Product ID: 303000
- The Genius 2 Thermometer hardware is warranted for three years from shipment for manufacturer’s defect only.