Ethicon Dermabond Prineo Skin Closure System Skin Adhesive And Mesh Tape
Ethicon Dermabond Prineo Skin Closure System is a secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.* The DERMABOND PRINEO two-part system can add strength and protection when closing medium to long incisions.
Longer incisions present unique clinical challenges, such as approximating wound edges evenly, distributing tension evenly across the wound, and maintaining the integrity of the surgical site.
DERMABOND PRINEO System is a unique two-part skin closure system consisting of:
- A 2-octyl cyanoacrylate topical skin adhesive for proven strength and microbial protection in vitro*
- A flexible, self-adhesive polyester mesh for excellent approximation and healing*
- DERMABOND PRINEO System can replace use of subcuticular sutures for skin closure.* It has tissue holding strength equivalent to 3-0 MONOCRYL® (poliglecaprone 25) Sutures (shown ex-vivo)*
- DERMABOND PRINEO System was shown to provide statistically significant greater skin holding strength than skin staples or subcuticular suture*
- Provides a flexible microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)*
- DERMABOND PRINEO System demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram positive (MRSA and MRSE) and gram negative bacteria (E. coli)*
- May reduce final layer of skin closure time up to 75%*
Applicator and liquid adhesive
- A 2-octylcyanoacrylate topical skin adhesive provides strength and microbial protection in vitro*
- Sets in approximately 60 seconds when applied to mesh tape
- Before contacting the mesh tape, the adhesive has a 2-hour working time*
Polyester mesh tape
- A flexible, self-adhesive polyester mesh tape in combination with the liquid adhesive provides excellent approximation and healing*
- Contains an initiator to accelerate the polymerization of the liquid adhesive
- Each dispenser contains 60 cm of mesh tape
DERMABOND PRINEO System enhances comfort and convenience for patients
- No need for post-surgical dressings may mean easier self-care
- If directed by the health care practitioner, patients are able to shower immediately following the procedure
- Mesh tape removes easily when wound is sufficiently healed*
DERMABOND PRINEO System can be used as an alternative to subcuticular sutures when closing medium to long incisions*
Each Dermabond Prineo skin closure system includes:
- (1) 60 cm flexible, self-adhesive polyester mesh tape
- (2) 3.8mL skin adhesive applicators
- Manufacturer: Ethicon/Johnson & Johnson
- Manufacturer’s ID: CLR602US
The products in the DERMABOND Portfolio are supported by more clinical evidence, outcomes data, and publications than any other Topical Skin Adhesive.
*Ethicon has detailed research and other materials to support these product claims. Contact Ethicon for more product specifics and research documentation.